Friday, August 19, 2016

Should you hire friends or family?

When hiring people for your business you might think to hire your friends and family. But is that a good decision? In some cases it works great and in others the relationship between the owner and friends becomes hateful. One company I know the owner hired all of her friends to run and operate her store because she couldn't be there to do it herself. None of these friends had any experience running a store or any customer service. They now have a bad reputation for customer service and  have lost me as a customer because of that. I'm not sure if the owner knows about their bad reputation or is just choosing to ignore it, but I will be surprised if they are in business next year. So in my opinion you can hire friends or family if they know how to do the job correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment